Drawing and Rendering for Themed Entertainment
In this 6-week beginner-level course, students will learn basic drawing and rendering technique for themed entertainment, culminating in a small project.
Students will learn through weekly demonstrations of drawing and rendering techniques. This is highly engaging and interactive class that consists of critiques, lectures and activities.
1) Critique: The first part of the class will be a review of last previous week’s homework assignment. Students will be asked to peer-review each other’s work, and develop an ability to articulate artistic concepts.
2) Demo/ Lecture: Instructor will provide a lecture/ demonstration on each week’s topic.
3) Activity: Students will do an in-class activity trying out what they learned in class. Instructor will be able to work them and provide individual attention and give live feedback.
Week 1) Perspective Basics - Vanishing Points
Week 2) Drawing Forms in Perspective.
Week 3) Photoshop Rendering
Week 4) Themed Entertainment Application - Rough Sketches
Week 5) Themed Entertainment Application - Rendering
Week 6) Presentation Final Review
Students can expect to do 3-5 hours of homework a week. The more effort students put into the homework, the more they will get out of it.
Class Size: 3-7 students
Course Duration: 1 time/ week, 2 hours per meeting, for 6 weeks.
Learner Supply List
- Dual Monitor set-up is highly recommend (to follow along with instruction while painting along)
- Wacom Tablet
- InDesign (recommended but optional)
- Traditional Materials: Pen, pencil, eraser, ruler, sketchbook, colored pencils
Saturday 3:00pm EST
Meets 5/23, 5/30, 6/6, 6/13, 6/20, 6/27